WHAT IS SCITON BBL?
Sciton BBL (BroadBand Light) is a light-based skin treatment that is used to improve sun-damaged skin through photorejuvenation therapy. It has been used for over 20 years to effectively treat photo-damaged skin and pigmentation and works by exposing damaged skin to a form of intense pulsed light (IPL). This stimulates collagen and elastin fibers, which in turn results in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, brown spots and freckles as well as a visibly smoother skin texture, and a more even skin tone following your skin treatments. There may be a mild sensation during the treatment, akin to rubber bands snapping along the skin, although most patients tend not to experience any discomfort at all.
Acclaro uses the Sciton BBL machine for the following indications:
- Anti-pigmentation - Targeted treatment for pigmentation, age-spots and sun-spots that is priced according to the size of area treated (small area, medium area and large area). Treated sun-spots will start to darken right away, and within the course of the following few days they will begin to slough themselves off to reveal clear new skin underneath.
- Telangiectasia- Also known as spider veins or angioectasias, these are small dilated blood vessels that occur close to the surface of the skin – usually on the face, around the nose, cheeks and chin. Sciton BBL machine can be used to provide targeted treatment to improve the appearance of these tiny dilated or broken blood vessels and the treatment is usually included with the Fotofacial.
- Forever Young BBL™(Broadband Based Light) – The treatment optimally delivers infrared and visible light, penetrating through the epidermis and dermis and stimulating changes at the molecular level and visible changes in the dermis. Used to effectively correct aged or damaged skin, including photo-aging, vascular and pigmented lesions, erythema and flushing, scars, and acne. With the Forever Young BBL™ treatment technique, the benefits of BBL can be expanded to include maintaining healthy skin once it has been corrected, and delaying the signs of skin aging.
Forever Young BBL™ treatment is also suitable for the following groups of patients:
- Younger patients who do not yet need correction of damaged skin, but desire to maintain healthy skin and delay skin aging.
- Patients who have had damaged skin previously corrected by BBL or laser treatments.
- More mature patients who have better quality or healthier- appearing skin and may not yet require corrective treatments.
- Patients who have previously undergone a facelift or other cosmetic procedures.
- Skin type IV and V patients who generally have healthier skin with little to no photo-damage, yet desire to maintain healthy skin and delay skin aging.
- Forever Bare™ - Hair Removal for Legs, Armpits, Bikini and Brazilian Area. The trademarked Forever Bare™ treatment sends multiple lower fluence pulses at a high repetition rate, resulting in a highly effective, safe and comfortable hair-removal treatment.
- Micro Laser Peel (MLP)- It is an intra-epidermal laser peel that precisely remove the outermost layers of the skin, allowing pigmented lesions to be removed by full-face or spot-treat superficial resurfacing. There is quick recovery with visibly smoother, more vibrant skin and an immediate change in skin texture and tightness.
Why choose Sciton BBL?
With an average treatment time of 12-15 minutes for a full face, along with little or no downtime, patients can resume normal activities immediately. A Stanford University Study led by dermatologists shows that Sciton BroadBand Light BBL™ treatments can change the expression of genes associated with the aging process to more closely resemble young skin. The specific Forever Young BBL™ treatment showed significant age-delaying benefits and optimal results are achieved with just 4 sessions a year. The results have been shown to be long-lasting with proper post-treatment care and the treatment can be used on all body areas. The results from BBL are permanent, so the discolored areas that have been removed are gone forever. However, these treatments can only treat existing sun damage, and cannot do anything to prevent future sun damage from occurring so it’s imperative to use sunscreen regularly to protect your skin from future sun damage.